The Move is over and we’re back
What move? I hear you cry! We have been out of action blog-wise for a couple of weeks but that is because we have been phenomenally busy moving to our new premises and getting the space right for clients to come along and have a relaxing experience.
Welcome to Lower Ground Floor, 30 Park Place, LS1 2SP
Our new space is purpose designed for us. It was a large rectangular basement under a very smart apart-hotel. The previous tenants were architects. They had everything open plan. We need lots of quiet, cosy rooms to make you all feel special so we had to start out with a project plan:
- we had to apply to the council to change the use of the space
- get the space designed up for our needs.
- We then had to get a technical drawing and construction specification.
- As a charity any money we spend has to have gone to three competitive quotes so we had 3 builders come along and quote for the job. The cheapest and as it turned out the best was from a company called Rodley Interiors. Their big boss Nigel is a lovely guy but very much in charge. He gave us lots of reassurance that his team would do a god job and complete on time.
- All the while this was going we were fund raising like mad. We needed to raise £20k to ado the. £10k that we already had. Everyone did something and we got to our target.
- Timing was crucial as we had to be out of our old space in Oxford Chambers by 30th September
How do we move all of this stuff?
If you’ve moved house you’ll know this feeling! While all of the other bits and bobs were going on we had to think about how we could move all of our possessions. We don’t have as much space so we had to downsize and sadly lose things like the dancing Elvis mannequin! (I know we’ll regret that one day!)
The actual move
When the day came about 9 members of the Phoenix team got together to move all of our possessions that were coming with us. We were helped by Tomas and Marta who handily had a van! It was back breaking stuff but we managed to get everything moved in one day. We finally said our goodbyes to Oxford Chambers on Saturday 29th September.
The following day another Phoenix team came along to clean and unpack at Lower Ground Flor, 30 Park Place.
The end result of all of this turmoil is a lovely new therapy centre. It is peaceful and calm and very welcoming. All of our regular clients were really blown away by how lovely the new space is. If you are in town come along to see us and say hello. If you are around on 1st November we are having an open evening from 17:30 to 19:30 so pop in.
Here are some photos of our new space just to tempt you to come along.
We are still offering the same great treatments – you can find details here.
Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday from 11:00 to 16:00
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is a Charity. By coming to us for a treatment you can relax in the knowledge that you are helping others less fortunate than yourself. We use the proceeds of your treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies. Roughly £3 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.