Reflexology at our Leeds venue is effective for maintaining good health as well as promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
How Reflexology Works
Reflexology is a therapy that uses nerves or reflex points in the bottom of your feet to stimulate organs and structures in the body. It is based on the principle in Chinese medicine that we all have energy channels which run vertically through the body. The energy in these channels is a vital life force or Chi.
All of these energy channels can be accessed via the feet. Reflexologists have mapped the structures as well as organs of the body to specific points on the feet. This allows a trained reflexologist to use the treatment to provide a non-invasive approach to promoting health and wellbeing.
What Happens in a Reflexology Treatment
The therapist will apply pressure to specific points on your feet to stimulate the energy in certain areas of your body. Stress, illness or physical trauma can negatively impact the flow of Chi and the aim of reflexology is to release stagnant energy and make the energy flow freely.
When you come along for your first session the therapist will ask you some questions about your health in addition to finding out what you need. After this consultation, you will remove your shoes and lie down on a couch or sit if you prefer. It’s best to wear loose-fitting clothing for this treatment so that you are comfortable throughout.
Benefits of reflexology in our Leeds City Centre venue
- Promote a better quality of sleep and relive insomnia
- Can relieve or prevent headaches and migraine especially where these are related to stress or hormonal issues
- Can relieve constipation and help with conditions such as IBS
- Can help with the management of chronic pain and since 2003 NICE has approved the use of reflexology as a pain-relieving treatment for people with MS.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Relieve from stress and stress-related conditions.
- Rebalance body hormones and correct menstrual disorders.
- Clients with conditions such as depression, anxiety, IBS and migraine amongst others have found reflexology to be beneficial.
- Reflexology can have a general benefit of boosting well-being and restoring vigour.
Reflexology is one of many massage therapies that we offer in our Leeds City Centre venue. All of our therapists are fully qualified, insured and members of a professional body. As well as reflexology we offer Hot Stone Massage, Swedish Massage Therapy, Indian Head Massage, and much more!
Leeds Reflexology Treatment Time and Cost
Monday to Thursday: 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 to 16:00
Call us on 0113 234 0818 to book your Leeds reflexology massage at our professional Leeds City therapy rooms through our Online Reservations or enquire using our Online form. You can pay through PayPal.
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is also Charity offering counselling and bodywork therapies. We use the proceeds of the reflexology treatment (Leeds) to subsidise treatments for people with chronic health issues and low incomes who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies. Roughly £3 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
Web Links to other massages and treatments
- Click here for Indian head.
- Click here for acupuncture.
- Click here for aromatherapy.
- Click here for workplace office.
- Click here for craniosacral therapy.
- Click here for remedial therapy,
- Click here for sports therapy.
- Click here for lymphedema or lymphatic drainage.
- Click here for Swedish.
- Click here for hot stone.
- Click here for Reiki.
Duration: 50 minutes
Purchase Gift Voucher for Reflexology
The person you buy a Reflexology Gift Voucher for will get a lovely Gift Card (or we can send this to you for you to hand over yourself).
Call 0113 234 0818 to book a treatment