Indian head massage is a very specific head massage that relaxes and soothes rather than warm and stimulates. The techniques used are different to those adopted in the Swedish body massages.
The Indian head massage stems from the Indian Ayurvedic system of healing which its origins dates back thousands of years. It aims to release stress from the muscles and joints of the shoulders, neck, scalp as well as the face.
Performing the treatment in a chair is best, but if you would like to lie down we do have couches.
We recommend you wear loose clothing to allow the therapist access to the muscles of the shoulders and neck.
Indian Head Massage at our Leeds City Centre venue
Once the client is comfortable the therapist uses a range of techniques to remove stress and induce relaxation.
As with all our therapy treatments, we will talk you through the treatment as well as finding out if you have any health issues we can help you with.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- This massage is an excellent way of relieving stress, especially stress resulting from emotional situations or traumas.
- Indian head massage is for helping to relieve the symptoms of insomnia, headaches, migraine and sinusitis.
- Most people who have Indian head massage find it deeply relaxing and re-energizing.
Indian Head Massage Treatment Time and Cost
50 minutes to 1 hour
Cost – £30.00
Monday to Thursday: 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 to 16:00
You can pay through PayPal, with credit or debit card or with cash
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is a Charity. By coming to us for your therapy session you are helping us to support someone with chronic health issues and low income. We use the proceeds of your treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies.
Roughly £3 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
Web link for our other massages and treatments
- Link for acupuncture.
- Link for aromatherapy.
- Link for a workplace massage or an office massage.
- Link for craniosacral therapy.
- Link for remedial therapy.
- Link for sports massage.
- Link for lymphedema or lymphatic drainage.
- Link for a Swedish massage.
- Link for hot stone massage.
- Link for Reiki.
- Link for foot reflexology.
Duration: 1 hour