Why do it?
PMR is a deep relaxation technique and can help you to relax both your muscles and your mind.
How do you do it?
- Start with 3 deep breaths – inhale through the nose and out through the mouth.
- As you exhale, imagine the tension leaving your body.
- Working from your feet up, tense a group of muscles for 10 seconds then suddenly let them relax. Take a few seconds to note how the muscles feel when they’re relaxed.
- Move around your body working from your feet to your shoulders.
- Remember to keep your breath deep and rhythmical while you do the exercises.
Why not have a go? Give yourself a 15 minute break, find a quiet space where you can feel comfortable, and follow our steps above. If you’d prefer someone talking you through the technique, pop this helpful video on.
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is a Charity. We provide support, in the form of counselling and complementary therapies to people who have chronic health issues and low incomes. By taking part in our fund raising event you will be helping us with this charitable work.
Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday from 10:00 to 16:00
Book your massage via our website or call 0113 234 0818 to speak to one of the team