If you’ve been in to see us at Phoenix Health and Wellbeing, or if you follow us on social media, you may have noticed the phrase ‘The Way of The Roses’ pop up here and there, and wondered what it’s all about.
The Way of the Roses
Phoenix Health and Wellbeing and Wetherby Rugby Club are teaming up to organise a charity fundraising event, consisting of a two-day cycle challenge from Morecambe to Bridlington – also known as the Way of The Roses.
Over two days, participants will cycle 170 miles:
- Morecambe to Wetherby on the first day,
- Wetherby to Bridlington on the second.
Want to join us but this ride is too much time in the saddle?
If you want to join the ride but don’t want to do the two day event you can take part in a one day ride from Wetherby Rugby Club to Bridlington. For those wanting a gentler approach, there will be alternative routes on the second day, out and back from Wetherby.
At the end of the challenge Wetherby Rugby Club will be hosting a finishing celebration at the Club for all participants. There’ll be a celebratory BBQ plus live entertainment – exactly what you’ll want after a day or two’s cycling!
Helping two great Charities
While you could choose to do this particular route with an independent tour company, by signing up with our event you will be supporting two great local charities. The proceeds will be split evenly between Phoenix Health and Wellbeing and the Richard Jones Memorial Foundation.
Phoenix Health and Wellbeing is a local charity and social enterprise that provides support to people who have chronic health needs and low incomes. The support is in the form of counselling, acupuncture and complementary therapies. All of the people who receive this support are referred to the service by medical and health care professionals. By taking part in our Bike Ride, or choosing to sponsor one of our riders, you’re helping us to provide counselling support and complementary therapies to people who really need it. To find out more about our charity click here
The Richard Jones Memorial Foundation has been set up in memory of Richard. Richard was the Vice Chairman of Wetherby Rugby Club Junior Section. Sadly, he died suddenly from Leukaemia earlier this year. The Way of the Rose ride will raise money for Wetherby Rugby club to continue his legacy and provide top quality engagement and activity for young people at the Club.
How do I sign up?
Places on the two day event are limited to 50 riders and only a further 50 can join in day two.
- want to take part – use this link to book your place – click here
- register your interest in the cycle – you can find a form here to pass on your details, and we can keep you updated with application forms and entry information.
- for more information use this link to visit our webpage
- Got questions – email email@example.com We’d love to hear from you.
Other ways to help
If you’re not a keen cyclist, you can also support the event in a number of non-cycling ways:
- choose to sponsor one of our riders, and help us smash our fundraising target! Donate here
- we need plenty of volunteers for this event from people who will drive support vehicles to people to be at the feed stations handing out water and refreshments to weary riders. If you want to volunteer just get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
- we need sponsors to help to cover the cost of putting on the event. If you want to sponsor an element of the event and in return get publicity then just get in touch with email@example.com
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is a Charity and social enterprise. By coming to us for a treatment you can relax in the knowledge that you are helping others less fortunate than yourself. We use the proceeds of your treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies due to cost. Roughly £4 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
For information on our charitable work follow this link / call us on 0113 234 0181
Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday from 10:00 to 16:00