If you’ve been in to see us at Phoenix Health and Wellbeing, or if you follow us on social media, you may have noticed the phrase ‘The Way of The Roses’ pop up here and there, and wondered what it’s all about.
The Way of the Roses
Phoenix Health and Wellbeing and Wetherby Rugby Club are teaming up to organise a charity fundraising event, consisting of a two-day cycle challenge from Morecambe to Bridlington – also known as the Way of The Roses.
Over two days, participants will cycle 170 miles:
- Morecambe to Wetherby on the first day,
- Wetherby to Bridlington on the second.
Want to join us but this ride is too much time in the saddle?
If you want to join the ride but don’t want to do the two day event you can take part in a one day ride from Wetherby Rugby Club to Bridlington. For those wanting a gentler approach, there will be alternative routes on the second day, out and back from Wetherby.
At the end of the challenge Wetherby Rugby Club will be hosting a finishing celebration at the Club for all participants. There’ll be a celebratory BBQ plus live entertainment – exactly what you’ll want after a day or two’s cycling!
Helping two great Charities
While you could choose to do this particular route with an independent tour company, by signing up with our event you will be supporting two great local causes in memory of one very special man.
Richard Jones was the Vice Chairman of Wetherby Rugby Club Junior Section. Richard was passionate about club rugby and the benefits of team sports for young people. He was instrumental in setting up the Junior Section of Wetherby Rugby Club and worked tirelessly to involve children and young people in Wetherby Rugby Club.
Richard was also a very keen cyclist and he would have really loved the idea of being part of a team to cycle the Way of the Roses to raise funds for a local charity and the Rugby Club. Sadly, Richard died suddenly from Leukaemia earlier this year.
Our Way of the Rose ride is taking place in Richard’s memory and will raise money for Wetherby Rugby club and Phoenix Health and Wellbeing.
Phoenix Health and Wellbeing is a local charity and social enterprise that provides support to people who have chronic health needs and low incomes. The support is in the form of counselling, acupuncture and complementary therapies. All of the people who receive this support are referred to the service by medical and health care professionals. To find out more about our charity click here
By taking part in our Bike Ride, or choosing to sponsor one of our riders, you’re helping Phoenix Health and Wellbeing to provide counselling support and complementary therapies to people who really need it. You will also be helping to further the legacy of Richard Jones in continuing to deliver team sports for young people at Wetherby Rugby Club
How do I sign up?
Places on the two day event are limited to 50 riders and only a further 50 can join in day two.
- want to take part – use this link to book your place – click here
- register your interest in the cycle – you can find a form here to pass on your details, and we can keep you updated with application forms and entry information.
- for more information use this link to visit our webpage
- Got questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org We’d love to hear from you.
Other ways to help
If you’re not a keen cyclist, you can also support the event in a number of non-cycling ways:
- choose to sponsor one of our riders, and help us smash our fundraising target! Donate here
- we need plenty of volunteers for this event from people who will drive support vehicles to people to be at the feed stations handing out water and refreshments to weary riders. If you want to volunteer just get in touch with email@example.com
- we need sponsors to help to cover the cost of putting on the event. If you want to sponsor an element of the event and in return get publicity then just get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is a Charity and social enterprise. By coming to us for a treatment you can relax in the knowledge that you are helping others less fortunate than yourself. We use the proceeds of your treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies due to cost. Roughly £4 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
For information on our charitable work follow this link / call us on 0113 234 0181
Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday from 10:00 to 16:00