Lymphoedema can cause pain coupled with discomfort in the swollen or affected area. Lymphatic drainage massage or lymphedema treatment that aims to reduce swelling from fluid retention or lymphedema.
The aim is to move the fluid to an area where it can drain away more freely. To achieve this drainage the therapist has to first massage your abdomen where the fluid is going to drain into.
Our Leeds Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic drainage massage is very gentle. The therapist will never apply deep pressure as this can prevent drainage and even damage swollen lymph vessels. The treatment is slow and rhythmical which encourages the lymph vessels to open up as well as allows the fluid to drain away.
We will talk you through the lymphedema treatment as well as finding out if you have any health issues we can help you with. We will leave you in the treatment room so that you can undress and get comfortable on the treatment couch. There will be towels for you to use to cover yourself with. During the massage, the therapist will use the towels to cover your body and protect your modesty.
Benefits of lymphatic drainage massage
- Lymphatic fluid plays an important function in the body’s immune system.
- Lymphatic drainage massage can improve the flow of lymph and help to boost the immune system.
- Lymphedema treatment drains the excess fluid helping to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Lymphatic drainage massage can help to remove toxins from the affected area.
- There is a suggestion that lymphatic drainage massage can help in dispersing cellulite by increasing the flow of accumulated waste in the tissue affected.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Treatment Time and Cost
50 minutes to 1 hour
Cost – £45
Use our online reservations to book Lymphedema treatment.
Call us to book a lymphatic drainage massage then Pay through PayPal before you come and hand over the printout when you arrive.
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is also Charity which means you not only feel relax and rejuvenated, but you can relax in the knowledge that you are helping others less fortunate than yourself. We use the proceeds of your Leeds reflexology treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies. Roughly £3 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
Duration: 1 hour