Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese therapy that dates back nearly 2000 years.
The treatment is based on the principal that we have energy channels running through our body and that the energy in these channels can become sluggish or stagnant as a result of imbalance, ill-health, injury and stress.
These energy channels can be accessed at certain points around the body and it is these points that acupuncturists use in their treatments.There are different forms of acupuncture. Here at Phoenix Health and Wellbeing we offer Traditional Chinese Medicinal acupuncture sometimes referred to as TCM. TCM has been found to be beneficial for many health conditions and can also promote deep relaxation.
Read more about acupuncture via this link to the British Acupuncture Council. https://www.acupuncture.org.uk
Our Acupuncture Clinic
We run a multi-bed acupuncture clinic. Patients are seen in a room which has three couches. Treatments are done in this open plan setting, although privacy screens are available if desired.
Treatments are given by a fully qualified and highly experienced acupuncturist and are 40 to 50 minutes long depending on the condition being treated.
By using several couches at the same time we can offer low cost acupuncture.
Who can come to the clinic?
Anyone can come to our acupuncture clinic.
- The standard charge is £30 for each treatment.
- If you have a chronic health issue and a low income you can be referred to us by a medical or healthcare practitioner. Once referred you will be charged on a sliding scale dependent upon your income. Most referred clients pay £10 for each treatment
- Referred clients can have 6 sessions at this reduced rate and then will be reassessed
- Back pain – in several research trials acupuncture has been found to relieve back pain and the treatment is listed a suitable treatment for back pain on the NHS guidelines. Read more here: https://www.acupuncture.org.uk/a-to-z-of-conditions/a-to-z-of-conditions/back-pain.html
- Depression – some studies have found acupuncture to be as effective for treating depression as modern medicine but it does not have the side effects and so may be more beneficial. Acupuncture works by stimulating parts of the brain and helping to balance the brain chemistry.
- Stress and anxiety – acupuncture promotes relaxation by stimulating parts of the brain that produce beneficial hormones. It can help the nervous system to relax and rebalance. Read more here https://www.acupuncture.org.uk/a-to-z-of-conditions/a-to-z-of-conditions/stress.html
There are too many benefits of acupuncture to list them all here. This link to the British Acupuncture Council website gives a more comprehensive list of the conditions that acupuncture can help with https://www.acupuncture.org.uk/category/a-to-z-of-conditions/a-to-z-of-conditions.html
We are fortunate to have Giles Watts running our multi bed acupuncture clinic. Giles is a member of the British Acupuncture Council and has been practising for 22 years. He also acts as a supervisor for acupuncturists and has lectured at degree level. He brings his wealth of experience to our clinic.
Tried it, loved it
Here’s what some of our clients have said……….
“It has aided how I manage my anxiety and also helped me not to focus on comfort eating when I feel low. It feels good and relaxing too”
Purchase Gift Voucher for Acupuncture
The person you buy an Acupuncure Gift Voucher for will get a lovely Gift Card (or we can send this to you for you to hand over yourself).