Saturday 11th September
We will meet bright and early at Wetherby Rugby Club for transfer to Bridlington – bikes and riders! We will then cycle the 83 miles from the east coast back to Wetherby. This is lovely route passing through the market towns of Driffield and Pocklington before swinging past York Minster and onwards on small roads to Wetherby Rugby Club where there will be a celebration BBQ to get your teeth into!
The event is being fully supported by Iconic Cycling Events who have loads of experience of organising and running large scale events like this festival of cycling.
The cost of just £85 includes
- Transport for you and your bike from Wetherby Rugby Club to the starting line in Bridlington
- Registration and Identification for you and your belongings
- A digital rider pack with all the information you need inc. map
- A cycle mechanic to assist with any major repairs
- Recovery vehicles equipped with first aiders
- A cycling shirt personalised for the ride – if you raise £250 sponsorship
- A variety of snacks and drinks provided along the route at feedstations
- Official event photography
- Entry to the celebration event/BBQ being held at Wetherby Rugby Club on Saturday 11th September
What’s not included
- Getting yourself and your bike to Wetherby Rugby Club
- Overnight accommodation
- Getting you and your bike home from Wetherby Rugby Club at the end of the event
Hey this is a charity event so we are about fund raising. The entry fee has been kept low but this means that we need you to raise sponsorship.
We are setting a target of £250 sponsorship per rider. Don’t panic! When you sign up we will send you some hints and tips as to how to go about raising this – it will be a doddle!
COVID cancellation policy
We are very confident that our event will be able to take place in September. However times have been rather uncertain and if we do need to cancel our event due to COVID 19 Government restrictions we will refund your entry fee.