In Swedish body massage a therapist will use a carrier oil such as grape seed oil to lubricate your skin. The oil is applied onto the skin and then the therapist uses various techniques to warm up the muscle tissue.
The aim of the massage is to warm and stretch the muscle tissue so that toxins are drained away and fresh blood flows into the muscles.
During the massage the therapist will aim to gradually break up “knots” or adhered tissues releasing tension from the muscles and resulting in a general feeling of wellbeing.
The body massage can be vigorous or relaxing depending on your requirements.
When you come along for your Swedish body massage the therapist will start by asking a series of questions about your health and what you hope to get from your treatment session.
You will then be left to undress in private in the therapy room and lie on a couch under towels. During the body massage the therapist will use the towels to ensure that you are always covered. Only the part of your body being massaged will be uncovered at any one time.
Benefits of a Swedish body massage
- Body massage has been found to release positive endorphins in the brain creating a feeling of wellbeing and positivity
- Massage has also been found to reduce blood pressure and promote general relaxation
- Swedish body massage can improve the condition of muscle tissue and reduce aches and pains
- This treatment also improves the circulation and can help to reduce levels of stress hormones
- Swedish body massage – like most forms of massage, is a good way to manage stress. The massage promotes relaxation but also helps to disperse the stress hormones released into your system when you are in stressful situations
50 minutes to 1 hour
Cost – £38
Duration: 1 hour
Purchase Gift Voucher for Swedish Body Massage
The person you buy a Swedish Body Massage Gift Voucher for will get a lovely Gift Card (or we can send this to you for you to hand over yourself).