Sports massage and deep tissue massage use special techniques to target specific injuries or problems. Deep tissue focuses on extreme muscle tension while sports massage prepares the body for exercise or aids recovery following a sporting activity.
or Call 0113 234 0818 to book a treatment.
Before your Sports Massage or Deep Tissue Massage
Our therapist will ask a series of questions to ascertain which techniques to use and which areas of the body to treat.
This initial consultation with the massage therapist is very important and you should give as much information as possible about the specific issues that you need to have addressed. In particular, if you have an injury or muscle pain try to think about when the pain started. What did you do to cause the injury? Did something happen that triggered the pain? This type of information will help the therapist in preparing your treatment plan.
Our therapist will then leave you so that you can undress and get comfortable on the treatment couch. There will be towels for you to use to cover yourself with. During the sports massage, the therapist will use the towels to cover your body and protect your modesty.
Benefits of Deep Tissue or Sports Massage at our Leeds venue
- Deep tissue massage will address general areas of muscle tension and access deeper tissue than a standard Swedish massage.
- Our sports massage (Leeds) can address specific injuries such as muscle pulls and minor strains.
- Both sports and deep tissue massage can promote healing of the muscle fibre and reduce the length of time it takes to recuperate
- Both sports and deep tissue massage are ideal to have before a sporting activity or challenge.
- Sports massage, in particular, can help to cleanse the muscles to ensure optimum performance.
- A sports massage can help to speed recovery after completing a sporting challenge or endurance exercise.
Deep tissue or Sports Massage (Leeds) Treatment Time and Cost
50 minutes to 1 hour
Cost – £45
Monday to Thursday: 10:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 to 16:00
Where to find us
Phoenix Health and Wellbeing, Oxford Chambers, Oxford Place, Leeds, LS1 3AX.
Call 0113 234 0818 to book a sports massage or deep tissue massage at our Leeds City centre venue or use the Online Reservations. You can pay through PayPal.
You can pay through PayPal by credit or debit card or with cash.
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is a Charity. By coming to us for therapy session you are helping us to support people who have chronic health issues and low incomes. We use the proceeds of your treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies. Roughly £3 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
Web links for our other massages and treatment click here.
- For Indian head click here.
- Click here for acupuncture.
- For aromatherapy click here.
- Click here for the workplace & office massages.
- For craniosacral therapy click here.
- Click here for lymphedema or lymphatic drainage
- For Swedish massage click here.
- Click here for a hot stone massage.
- For Reiki massage click here.
- Click here for a foot reflexology massage.
Duration: 1 hour
Purchase Gift Voucher for Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage
The person you buy a Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage Gift Voucher for will get a lovely Gift Card (or we can send this to you for you to hand over yourself).