Remedial therapy and sports massage are forms of Swedish massage but use special techniques to target specific injuries or problems.
Remedial therapy focuses on extreme muscle tension. Our sports massage Leeds prepares the body for exercise or aid in the recovery of a sporting activity.
Our sports massage Leeds therapist will ask a series of questions to ascertain which techniques to use and which areas of the body to treat. The remedial massage therapist may sometimes work in other areas as an ache in one area of the body may be the result of tension in another.
This initial consultation with the Remedial therapist is very important and you should give as much information as possible about the specific issues that you need to have addressed. In particular, if you have an injury or muscle pain try to think about when the pain started. What did you do to cause the injury? Did something happen that triggered the pain? This type of information will help the therapist in preparing your treatment plan.
Our therapist will then leave you so that you can undress and get comfortable on the treatment couch. There will be towels for you to use to cover yourself with. During the sports massage Leeds, the therapist will use the towels to cover your body and protect your modesty.
Benefits Our Remedial Therapy or Sports Massage Leeds
- Remedial therapy massage will address general areas of muscle tension and access deeper tissue than a standard Swedish massage.
- Our sports massage Leeds can address specific injuries such as muscle pulls and minor strains. It can promote healing of the muscle fibre and reduce the length of time it takes to recuperate
- Both sports and remedial massage are ideal to have before a sporting event or challenge. Sports massage, in particular, can help to cleanse the muscles to ensure optimum performance.
- Have our sports massage Leeds after completing a sporting challenge or endurance exercise.
- Massages, especially a sports massage can reduce recovery time after an event.
Remedial Therapy or Sports Massage Leeds Treatment Time and Cost
50 minutes to 1 hour
Cost – £45
Monday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Tuesday from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
Wednesday and Thursday from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm.
Friday and Saturday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Use our online reservations to book a sports massage Leeds treatment.
Call us to book a remedial therapy massage appointment then Pay through PayPal before you come and hand over the printout when you arrive.
Book your sports massage or remedial therapy massage at our expert Leeds City massage therapy rooms through our Online form, Online Reservations or call 0113 234 0818 for the receptionist. You can pay through PayPal.
Phoenix Health & Wellbeing is also Charity which means you not only feel relax and rejuvenated, but you can relax in the knowledge that you are helping others less fortunate than yourself. We use the proceeds of your treatment to subsidise those who would not otherwise be able to access our therapies. Roughly £3 to every £10 spent with us will go to help others.
What is a Remedial Therapy Massage?
Remedial therapy massage will help if you have particular muscle tension, pain, muscle injuries and soreness. Our Your remedial therapy massage therapist will find out precisely which muscles are giving you trouble. They will assess where you need treatment, what may be causing your pain and will tailor a treatment plan to suit your needs. The treatment itself may involve deep tissue work for short periods of time, but the results are definitely worth it!
We recommend a remedial massage for conditions such as sciatica, carpal tunnel, stiff necks, headaches, sports injuries and many more complaints.
Many people that use a remedial massage therapist have had pain as a result of an injury such as a fall, whiplash, sports, RSI (repetitive strain injuries) or pain that sometimes goes back to childhood.
Web links for our other massages and treatment click here.
- For Indian head click here.
- For acupuncture click here.
- For aromatherapy click here.
- For workplace, office massage click here.
- For craniosacral therapy click here.
- For lymphedema or lymphatic drainage click here.
- For Swedish massage click here.
- For hot stone massage click here.
- For Reiki click here.
- For foot reflexology click here.
Duration: 1 hour